JOIN OUR TEAM!
Jack Brown Interiors | JBI seeks a skilled Senior and Intermediate Interior Designer with minimum 5+ years of full-time professional, high-end residential experience. JBI has recently been awarded several large projects and is looking to grow our dynamic team.
The ideal applicant is experienced in ALL aspects of the FF&E process from design, sourcing, purchasing, tracking, and installation for high-end residential projects.
• Collaborate with Principal and team members on concepts, materials and soft goods
• Coordinate and drive all phases of the design process. Space planning, schematic design, design development and furniture selection
• Maintain essential client, vendor and consultant relationships through outstanding service, regular communication (email, phone, and meetings), status lists and problem-solving
• Design coordination and detailing
• Sourcing and specifying materials, furniture, art and accessories
• Coordinate and follow up on custom furniture orders including shop drawings and mock-ups
• Produce accurate and highly-detailed construction drawing sets which comply with BC Building Code
• Solid ability to manage multiple projects at once
• Plan, coordinate and implement installations
• Ability to take direction and lead with minimal supervision
• Responsible for client interaction, presentation and communication
• Attend regular off-site meetings with Clients, Vendors and Contractors
CANDIDATES SHOULD BE:
• Passionate about design and demonstrate you can undertake the above responsibilities
• Have an Industry recognized diploma or degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or 5 years experience in a professional design firm, residential or multi-family
• Extensive knowledge of Vectorworks, Adobe Suite, 3D Rendering a plus
• Able to understand and formulate design decisions and present for discussion
• Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines and budgets efficiently
• Able to take initiative in response to direction or instruction
• Flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working and commitment to independent, lifelong learning
• Good interpersonal skills and able to work independently and as part of an effective team
• Understanding the financial aspects of running a design project on time and on budget
• Have a valid BC drivers license
• Knowledge of MAC, MS Office or MAC equivalent
•Fun company culture, social atmosphere
•A dog friendly and relaxed work environment
•Working along side an established and recognized Architectural firm
•Competitive salary and benefits
•Opportunity for professional development and personal growth
All applicants should submit a portfolio with CV and references to email@example.com Please specify job title in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.